Humminbird 409640-1 HELIX 5 SI Fish Finder with Side-Imaging and GPS Reviews
1. Combine site imaging with down imaging at the same time.
Humminbird 409640-1 HELIX 5 SI gives you a 3-D quality in imaging. You can zoom to any depth you choose. This lets you see exactly what is beneath your keel. You can then choose at which to drop your hook.
2. 4000 W of power gets the sonar beam down through the deepest and murky as waters
You now have tremendous power at your command. This means you get total penetration down to depths you never experienced before. Bottom feeders, as well as trophy fish, often lurk in the deepest parts of lakes and ponds. You now can find them, but them and net them. With the Helix 5 SI, this is a cinch.
3. Additional mappings and chart packs are available
You can add Hummingbird's LakeMaster series of charts. As well as those by Navionics and others, you are no longer limited in your fishing venues. You can fish anywhere in North America, even the waters off Mexico's Pacific side. You also have the Gulf of Mexico as your fishing playgrounds.
4. Full-featured and simple to operate
GPS options, as well as the fishfinder, are selectable via drop-down menus. Simple controls allow you to cycle through the functions you want. Waypoints can be put on the chart with a touch of a finger. This means you can find your way to the best fishing grounds.
- The 3-D viewing makes finding the right fish at the right depth simple
- This is the fishfinder GPS combo I've always dreamed of
- Accurate and dependable I wouldn't go out on the lake without it
- Finally, a piece of technology that anyone who loves fishing can use
- Loaded with features and lets me keep the spots I found for later
- Gets you out of the lake to the right spot and show you exactly where the fish are
- The controls are intuitive and easy to operate with a 5-inch screen everything is easy to read even when bouncing across waves
- At first, I thought the Helix 5 unit was a piece of crap. Then I found out it was my boats electrical system at fault. Once I was taking care of I wouldn't trade the Helix 5 SI in for anything
- This is the perfect fishfinder for finding fish in murky and cloudy waters with its side scan viewing.
Q: I have a small bass boat will this unit mount on its trolling motor?
A: Yes, you need to talk with Humminbird. In addition, they will exchange the mount that came with it. They will send you one that is adaptable for trolling motors.
Q: I want to do ice fishing. Which transducer do I use?
A: the XI 9 20
Q: What changes have occurred in the new upgrade?
A: you now can turn off all readouts on all views. This lets your preset display instead.
Q: Can I save all my waypoints and fishing spots.
A: Everything is saved within the unit or you can save it off to an SD card if you choose.
Reviewer’s Thoughts - Humminbird 409640-1 HELIX 5 SI
Getting the best fishfinder and GPS combo has just gotten a lot easier. With down looking and side looking beams, you now can get a complete picture of what is happening below you. This improves your chances of netting that trophy fish. Avoid underwater hazards as well. Using the GPS in conjunction with the various chart packs and the built-in UniMap cartography, you now have a navigation system that can take you anywhere you want to fish.
You can set waypoints and navigate involved spiral and grid searches. This allows you to quarter an area and find the best fishing spots. With the zoom feature, you can focus the sonar energy down to the exact depth you want. You then can see exactly the fish and size. This lets you decide whether it is worth dropping your hook down or not. The screen is large enough for the majority of people. The entire unit easily wires into your boat's 12 V electrical system.
Overall, this is one of the best buys for a fishfinder GPS combo you can buy.