Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 53dv with transducer
The Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 53dv with transducer is a high tech budget friendly tool - the best fishfinder gps combo that is also a chartplotter, has a great color display and exceptional sonar accuracy. I strongly recommend this for anyone looking for an easy to use yet powerful model that will augment your knowledge of the lakes you frequent and entice you to explore new ones
Easy to setup and mount anywhere on your boat
I suggest the Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 53dv with transducer to anyone that needs their chart within their field of vision and needs to make sure that it stays put throughout the whole voyage. It is easy to mount and will enable you to comfortably consult it so that you can steer your boat.
CHIRP Sonar (conveniently built into the Garmin echoMAP, is the best available sonar technology on the market today. We're talking target separation - you will be able to clearly differentiate a school of fish from a rock bed and a single fish from your bait. It focuses on targets with much more intensity than regular sonar, which means you'll have a cleaner, crisper image to study the area you're travelling in. I highly recommend this tool if you're looking for sharper contrasts, fantastic visibility and exceptional detail.
Plan your trip and revisit it at home
As an option, you can add the HomePort software to your system. This is a really useful planning software that records the timing of the sonar in relation to your boats position and saves the data for future study and referencing from a personal computer. In addition, while you connect with other fishing aficionados, you can swap data and waypoints to facilitate the planning of future trips with known hot spots.
Different shades for different depths
I suggest giving the Garmin echoMAP a test run so that you can experience for yourself what is possibly its coolest feature. The shading of depth ranges. You can select up to ten depths (of your choosing) and have them appear on your screen in ten different colors. It gives you a whole new HD experience of the lake beneath you and can help you pinpoint the most interesting geographic spots in which to drop a line and fish.
- Experienced users will have a fantastic tool to support their passion for fishing
- Accurate identification of bait and target + HD representation on screen
- Light and easy to mount so that it fits in your field of vision as you drive your boat
- Color screen
- Easy to use keypad
- Wireless technology and GPS means you'll always know where you are
- over 17 000 lakes programmed into the device, including 13 000 in HD with 1-foot shore-to-shore contouring
- You do need to have a basic grasp of nautical measurements. What's not in the instruction manual can be learned through online videos or by going out with more experienced boaters and fishers
- If you're not used to using a GPS, it can take a while to get the hang of it and focus on your fishing. The answer is practice, practice, practice!
- It's not cheap, but it is the best of its kind on the market and one of the least expensive hi-end options. Less than half the price of some of its counterparts. If you fish regularly, it is a wise investment.
Q. Can I save and review parts of the trip?
A. Yes, by using the trackback feature, you can look back at the sonar history captures with the device, including riverbed or lake floor structure, fish targets, movements or larger groups. It will even save waypoints
Q. Can I track multiple fish at the same time?
A. Of course! Just use the split screen option so you can see what the sonar is picking up in different areas of the lake or river
Q. How good is the screen?
A. Specs are available on the website. It is so crystal clear, you will never miss out on a great catch. Everything is obvious and distinguishable from the other as it's picked up by the sonar. In addition, if you're fishing into the night, there's an awesome LED backlight that will let you fish for longer without having to scramble for a flashlight or lantern.
Q. I travel with friends from other countries sometimes to fish - what are my options to use the Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 53dv with transducer with them?
A. Multiple language options are available - check the website for more details
Q. It doesn't work, what do I do?
A. For manufacturer's defects, a one-year warranty is provided
Conclusion - Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 53dv
In conclusion, I recommend the Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 53dv with transducer for all budget-conscious explorers and fisherman looking for a high-tech, compact, easy to mount device that will help them track fish as they adventure through their favourite waterscapes.