Humminbird 409850-1 Helix 7 SI GPS/Fishfinder with Side Imaging Sonar Reviews
1. Compatible with virtually every chart package on the market today
You'll never be lost and never fumble about looking for the right map. Whether you are going to Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, or off the Florida Keys, You will always know where you are and where the fish hang out. The maps supply of Humminbird 409850-1 Helix 7 SI both depth and contouring along with shipwrecks and other underwater features. You can use LakeMaster, AutoChart Pro, as well as Navionics Gold.
2. GPS Navigation precise mapping to depth
The precision navigation that GPS provides you is built-in. It matches with the high-density maps that it uses. You can go down to depths of 100, 600, and 1500 feet for perfect imaging, by using their built-in contour maps and the Humminbird XD transducer. The transducer, however, is optional.
3. Crisp and clear images
16.9 inches give you a clear view of what is below and the area in which you are fishing. Now you have a truly bird's eye view of where the fish are schooling, feeding, and hiding. It's all on the display. In addition, with the easy-to-use controls, you can zero in on any depth down to 1500 feet. Then zoom in on any particular return that catches your eye.
4. A simple set of buttons controls it all
Intuitive controls with a menu-driven system. One button cycles you through the menus another selects exactly review you want. Setting waypoints is a snap with a flick of a finger. One of the most complicated pieces of technology on earth is now simple to use even for a beginner.
- Great system for a fisherman on a budget
- The larger screen shows everything simply and easily. It's clear and crisp
- Works right out of the box, though you should buy the chart packs at the same time
- This unit will do everything except bait your hook
- I love the interchangeable SD cards as I finished the entire Gulf and interior waterways
- The controls are intuitive and with a little bit of practice you can navigate and fish with the pros
- The imagery is spectacular and I can zoom into any depth I want
- Great price wonderful product
- The unit is not I- pilot link compatible
- I would like to see hardcopy manual to go with the CD
- There is no trolling motor bracket. However, hummingbird will exchange the one in the box without cost
- This is a bare-bones unit if you want to get all the bells and whistles. You need to set up your order according to your needs ahead of time
Q: Do I get course heading, speed, and water temp?
A: These features and more are all available either on the display or via the menu
Q: I want to fish the Gulf do I need any special transducer?
A: The transducer is both saltwater and freshwater compatible.
Q: What is the part number for the transducer?
A: The transducers part No. is XNT-9-SI-180-T.
Reviewer’s Thoughts - Humminbird 409850-1 Helix 7 SI
Finally, this reviewer as a fishfinder GPS combo with the screen is failing eyes can see. Crisp and clear along with advances in microprocessor and RAM memory means, even more, fishing fun is possible. The unit is streamlined and the transducer can be mounted on the transom or even on a trolling motor. However, you will have to request a trolling motor mount from Humminbird.
The down looking inside looking sonar covers a wider sweep and lets you zoom in on any particular depth down to 1500 feet with the optional XD transducer. The unit requires optional chart packs and is compatible with most of the brand names.
If you don't use them you have the basic outline of the map of where you are but you have no contour information or depth markings. This field you into choosing your chart packs before ordering. Overall, the unit allows for exacting navigation with over 2500 waypoints you can plot an entire Lake with ease.
This reviewer is confident that this unit will take you anywhere you want to go and help you catch larger fish than you ever thought possible.