Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder with Down-Imaging and GPS Reviews
In addition, the Helix 5 DI lets you store any of your information that you have acquired during your fishing escapades and this becomes your personal secret fishing database with not only the maps but also the waypoints and the exact location to almost inches of where to drop your line again.
One of his great features is the 5-inch screen so you do not have to squint while you are trying to read the display. The controls are intuitive and with a little practice, you can zero in on the fish you want in no time. Unerringly, later you can come back to the exact spot. Most boat’s 12V DC electrical systems can power it.
1. UniMap cartography
A complete set of charts in its database that shows all of the waterways in the geographical area you choose. Easily and simply additional maps load via SD card. This is a feature of Humminbird's line of products and letting you fish all across America. When coupled with GPS and known fishing grounds this is a great start for the Newbie or Pro.
2. Highly Accurate GPS Locating
You have a highly accurate GPS system that pinpoints your location to plus or -3 m on the chart. This allows you to not only locate the best fishing grounds but helps you navigate lakes rivers and with the database. You will never be lost again.
3. Precise Navigating Ability
You can plot your trip and by adding waypoints, you can precisely quarter an area and locate where the fish are hiding. At the same time, you can be recording your activities and by saving, it can build a library of trips on waters you have fished on and retrace your steps exactly.
4. Simple Touch Buttons
One of the big problems with the more expensive fishfinders is that the controls are too difficult and complicated. Humminbird has simplified their controls and with a few presses of your finger, you can select exactly the settings that you want and be on your way. You have more fun with fewer hassles.
- All the features you want with GPS, building charts, and the ability to navigate almost any waterway in the Continental US.
- Runs right out of the box it is simple to use
- Awesome fishfinder and at a great price
- You get GPS and built-in charts, which make this the best fishfinder GPS combo on the market today
- The Helix 5 can handle the deep water as well as show that means you can find the fish that are hiding close to shore as well as the big ones that hide in the deep areas
- This makes fishing fun again as you do not waste time trolling over empty water while the fish are swimming a few hundred yards off the port side
- Arrived damaged and had problems getting it replaced by Amazon, as we were unable to test it for two months
- Make sure the product you order the product you get are the same as Amazon sometimes substitutes without warning
- You have to pay for the charts and the updating service. However, it is worth it
Q: How long will it take me to install?
A: installation takes under an hour.
Q: Can I plug my navigation points visually or do I have to punch them in?
A: Putting in your waypoints is intuitive and all you have to do is to push the button to set them.
Q: Do you need to attach an external antenna?
A: Enclosed within the unit, the GPS with everything you need for it to operate there is nothing else you need to attach to the Helix 5.
Q: Is the image it clear?
A: Not only is a clear but everything comes in an easily distinguishable image, shades, and colors.
Reviewer’s Thoughts - Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI
The Best fishfinder GPS combo is possible to buy online today. You have seen four that have the features you want and need.
You get highly accurate GPS and the ability to navigate via a built-in chart. However, more importantly, the Humminbird pinpoints the concentration of fish and lets you select the biggest and it what death so you can drop your line appropriately.
Pick the one that suits you best and Amazon will have it at your door. All it takes is the click of a mouse and you will be catching more fish & larger ones than ever before.