Humminbird 409600-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder with Down Imaging
The display is totally state of the art. It has a 5" LED-backlit screen, allowing for Max and Clear modes. The dual beam system of sonar give detailed views within a wider coverage area. Although the narrower beam can be utilized giving higher accuracy, but easily switches back to wide search. I like that it has a fluid and easily switchable viewing setup. Humminbird 409600-1 HELIX 5 DI is amazingly clear when representing the bottom of a lake, river, or even the ocean. A high resolution display like this is not usually as affordable.
If the Humminbird 409600-1 has any disadvantage, it is a limited cartography. In order to remedy this, it is necessary to purchase a more advanced version from Humminbird directly. This seems to be the catch with devices from this company, at least with devices under $300 dollars. Even so, the HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder is easy to mount, facilitiates GPS mapping, a transducer with temperature sensors, and performs well in water up to 60 meters deep. In this price range, there is little competition and makes for a true fish enthusiast tool of choice.
I highly recommend this item for an expanded fishing experience. It offers all the best feature at little cost, but does not skimp on the technology. It always pays to build a device that makes the customer happy. I would have to say this one stands out among many.
Technical Specification - Humminbird 409600-1 HELIX 5 DI
- Display Size: 5’’, Pixel: 800H x 480V, TFT
- Frequency: 455/200/800/455 KHz
- Power Output: 500 Watts (RMS), 4000 Watts (Peak to Peak)
- Depth Capacity: 350ft, 600 ft (2D)
- Power Input: 10.8 - 20 VDC
- Power Draw: 615 mAVDC
- Backlight: LED
- Features Included: GPS Receiver, GPS Tracking, GPS Chartploting,X-Press Menu System, 3D Chart view, Large Digit View, Temperature Graph, Snap Short, Recording, Freeze Frame, Triplog, Real Time Sonar,Split screen Zoom etc.