Garmin Striker 4 Built-in GPS Fish Finder Reviews
Garmin 010-01550-00 Striker 4 is one of the best fishfinder GPS combos from Garmin.
Once you are in place by following the waypoints needed to get you there. You can look down and see the bottom and everything that is between the keel of your boat and what is below on its 3.5-inch diagonal screen. Garmin striker-4 draws the minimum of current from any 12 V DC power supply or battery. The fish you want for show up in stark relief and you can check the temperature of the water. This can help you pinpoint the likeliest places to drop your hook.
After you are finish fishing. You store the information and return to the same spot with perfect precision the next day.
1. Variable Chirp Frequency Pings
Changing frequencies of the pulse penetrate even murky waters. You see what is below better and the resolution is much clearer than with a mono-freq pinger.
You get deeper returns, the picture gives you a bird’s eye view of what is below, and you see the schools and the Big Fish you are looking for.
This lets you take the best course to get to where you want to go and avoid sandbars, underwater obstructions, and shallow waters. This lets you save on fuel costs and avoid costly repairs if you run aground.
However, it also lets you set up the best search to scour your fishing grounds. You find where your prey is hiding and where they feed.
3. Built tough
Its mount and the construction of the unit holds up to marine life and give you years of dependable service. The unit is a single modular design. It is easy to read and operate with large size buttons that let you cycle through its functions.
4. Flashes the information to you
The Striker 4 uses the tried and true method of flashing you to let you see everything and is perfect for winter while you are fishing in bitter cold through the ice.
- More fishfinder than I bargained for. Price was lower than I thought for all the features I got
- The display shows up great, even in bright sunlight
- You can even install it on a kayak or canoe, which let you silently stalk that wily features been eluding you
- You will never be lost, find the fish, and find your way back later
- Arrived promptly from Amazon and worked right out of the box with no problems
- Affordable, simple to put it, and it finds the fish
- High-Tech and yet easy-to-use
- Great little GPS fishfinder that lets you go back to where you found the fish the other day
- Registering the unit is a bit complicated and when it comes up it says the unit comes without a transducer, which is not correct
- My son found it too complicated but I had no problems
- Wish it had a chart plotter that it would be perfect for saltwater fishing
Q: I am confused; does a transducer come with this unit?
A: Yes, the Striker 4 comes with its own transducer that attaches easily to almost any contact, and canoe.
Q: Does the Striker 4 come with built-in charts? I am interested in Baja and places south.
A: This unit does not have built-in charting capability.
Q: Does this unit attached to an inflatable?
A: Only if you are using a trolling motor and you attach the transducer to the motor itself.
Q: Can I mount the unit inverted on my flying bridge?
A: The unit has an omnidirectional viewing display. It and can be mounted virtually any way you would care to attach it.
Reviewer’s Thoughts - Garmin 010-01550-00 Striker 4
The Striker 4 is a smaller lightweight fishfinder that fits most anglers’ needs. Using CHIRP sonar frequency technology it gets deeper and gives back better returns than previous fishfinders.
The resolution for the unit exceeded this Reviewer's expectations of a unit at this price. This was a wonderful surprise and a bargain as well. The additional feature of being able to measure the temperatures is a twofold blessing. You can anticipate the fish and their feeding patterns along with possible thermal layers in deeper lakes.
This way you can see the contours of the water beneath you and go after fish that hide in the deeper colder depths.